Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Race of your Life

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Simon Gardner

Simon Gardner

Race of your Life Empty
PostSubject: Race of your Life   Race of your Life EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:40 am

I thought it would be a nice idea (not even slightly borrowed from Autosport magazine Suspect ) to have a thread where you can tell us about the best race you've taken part in, for whatever reason that may be - a great battle, your first win etc Smile
Back to top Go down
Dan Allinson

Dan Allinson

Race of your Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race of your Life   Race of your Life EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:49 am

Here is one of my good battles with James Fellows back in the day of Sunday events at RD. Oh and im the Seat just FYI, these were back in the day of no setup and my lovley Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel

Back to top Go down
Simon Gardner

Simon Gardner

Race of your Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race of your Life   Race of your Life EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:43 pm

ahh memories - I loved my MS Sidewinder, many good races on Monaco GP simulation 2 and F1 challenge 99-02.
Back to top Go down
Simon Gardner

Simon Gardner

Race of your Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race of your Life   Race of your Life EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 pm

OK this is the race I have chosen, well 2 races - ATCC season 3 round 2 at Nurburgring in the rain-still easily the best league I've taken part in.

For the first race I'd qualified third, made a decent start briefly taking the lead into turn 1 before getting tagged by Alessio Lucchesi and losing a couple of places. Worse was to come as I clip Rui Gerrardo into turn 2, spinning him out and dropping down to last place (17th) as I waited for him.
Now I had work to do, just a 10 lap race and it was all action pushing so hard to gain back something, hoping to get at least 8th place to take advantage of the reverse grid.
After pitting I was 11th before passing William Yunck, Glen Petersen and Michael Carver, eventually this became 6th place after everyone had stopped - giving me third on the grid for the second race.
Meanwhile there had been a great battle for the lead between Emil Sallberg and Mr C which raged right to the final lap with Jarrod Keen 3rd and Ethan 4th.

Race 2 held station in third for the opening laps behind early leader Rui and Yves Larose. Bogdan pitted first followed by Rui whilst I stayed out putting in some good laps. It was enough to leap past Rui and I was able to hold a decent gap after that. Yves was the last of the front runners to stop and I got him too taking the lead - and much to my surprise I was able to build up a gap and remained unchallenged for the rest of the race.
I'd taken my first ever wins at RD in the previous weeks, also in the ATCC spec Peugeot, but they were only club races and both times only 7 people had started. This was my first (and only so far) league win so is currently unchallenged as the "Race of my life" Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Race of your Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race of your Life   Race of your Life Empty

Back to top Go down

Race of your Life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Online Racing (Race07/GT Evo :: Race Series Discussion-
Jump to: